Electronic Plan Review (EPR)
What is EPR?
EPR is an electronic plan review service provided by RLD/CID. This new service is intended to save both time and money during the construction document review and permitting process. This will alleviate the cost of multiple printings of the plans and to allow CID plan reviews to respond electronically to submittals, reducing paper waste. (no building permit is issued at this time, this is only a plan review. building permits will only be issued at the time of full payment and/or with proof of a awarded contractor providing a copy of the signed contract)
How do I Submit?
- Complete a CID Multi-Purpose State Building Application.
- Provide an estimated valuation and signed contract amount when applicable.
- Electronic plans may be submitted in PDF, DWG™ or DXF™ format.
- Simply open a web browser and navigate to https://send.rld.state.nm.us You will be presented with the main landing page. Click on “Drop-Off Portal”.
You will be presented with the following screen. Please fill out the following information:
- From address – enter your email address.
- To address – email@example.com
- Subject – a short description identifying what will be in the email.
- Choose File – click on the Browse button, select the all required documentation required in the EPR Checklist (electronic plan, the Multi-Purpose Application, the Energy Plan Review Checklist and the estimated cost/signed contract amount document.)
- Message – a message to the recipient with a brief description of the needed plan reviews.
- Captcha – this is for security purposes. Type in the letters that you see. If you have trouble or cannot see the letters click on the “Reset Captcha” link.
- Click Send. The recipient at RLD will receive an email with a link to download the file that you have sent to them. CID will notify you of the permit fees to be remitted.
What Happens Next?
- Once CID staff has received the request and plans have been tracked the submitter will be emailed with a CID tracking number for the project and the estimated fee that are due with instructions for payment submittal. (As a reminder EPR is a service that is intended to save both time and money during the construction document review and permitting process no plans will be returned with out payment)
- If plans are rejected or placed on hold, the submitter and/or design professional will be contacted by phone and/or email by plan review requesting revisions be made with an expiration date of two weeks. After two weeks plans will be rejected, returned and requested to be resent.
- Resubmittal of rejections shall go thought the submittal for EPR procedures and sent through https://send.rld.state.nm.us . No plans at any time should be sent directly to any CID staff at any time.
- Approved plans will be emailed to the submitter in a PDF format with comments and markups once payment is received.
- One set of approved plans must be printing and remain on the jobsite for inspection review.
How Do I Make Payment?
All payments for EPR at this point in time needs to be made by cash, check or money order. Payment will be accepted at any one of the three CID locations or may be mailed. When making payment please provide a copy of the CID application and CID tracking number that was assigned.
Payment sent by mail shall be mailed to:
Construction Industries Division - EPR
5200 Oakland Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113