Real Estate Commission: Overview
As of Wednesday, August 5, 2015 the New Mexico Real Estate Commission will be in the process of relocating to 5500 San Antonio Dr. NE Suite B, Albuquerque, NM 87109. The phone numbers for the office and staff will remain the same. From August 5-9, 2015 the Commission will continue receiving mail deliveries and walk-in’s at the new location; however, renewals, transfers and trade name registrations will not be processed until Wednesday, August 12, 2015. New license applications can take longer. If you have submitted paperwork to our office and it is still pending, please be patient as we balance the move with conducting day to day business. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The New Mexico Real Estate Commission was created by state law in 1959 and charged with enforcing the Real Estate License Law and the Real Estate Commission Rules. The mission of the New Mexico Real Estate Commission is to protect the public and enhance the professional competence of real estate brokers.
The Real Estate Commission is comprised of five members appointed by the Governor. Four of the members are licensed New Mexico real estate brokers and one is a non-broker public member appointed to bring a consumer perspective to the Commission.
The Commission’s primary responsibilities include:
- Issuance, renewal, and transfer of real estate broker’s licenses.
- Establishment and enforcement of real estate broker pre-licensing and continuing education requirements.
- Certification of providers of real estate broker education.
- Investigation and adjudication of consumer and real estate broker complaints about potential and actual violations of the Real Estate License Law and Commission Rules.
- Education of consumers and real estate brokers about the Real Estate License Law and Commission Rules.
Real Estate Commission
5500 San Antonio Dr. NE Suite B
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109
(505) 222-9886 FAX
TOLL FREE: 1-800-801-7505
Request for Applications to serve on NM Real Estate Commission Education Steering Committee (ESC). Please read this Notice regarding applying to serve on the ESC: ESC Advertisement