Private Investigations Board: Members and Meetings
Christopher Martinez, Professional Member
Christine Frank, Professional Member
Diane Dosal, Public Member
Tony Garley, Professional Member
Vacant, Professional Member
Meeting Information: The next PI Board Meeting time and date is pending.
The New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board will hold a Regular Board Meeting on PENDING. The meeting will begin at PENDING and will be held at the Regulation & Licensing Department, Hearing Room 1, 2nd Floor, 2550 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87504. The agenda will be available at least 72 hours prior to the meeting and may be obtained at the Board office located on the 2nd floor of the Toney Anaya Building, 2550 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM, or by calling the Board office at (505) 476-4622. The agenda will also be posted on our website at www.rld.state.nm.us, Private Investigations under Members and Meetings.
Persons requesting to be placed on the agenda shall submit a written request, describing in detail the subject to be discussed, and when applicable, submitting at least ten (10) copies of any supporting documentation, at least five (5) days prior to a regular meeting scheduled by the Board. Persons with incomplete license applications are not eligible to be placed on the agenda
Portions of the meeting may be closed to the public while the Board is in Executive Session to discuss licensing matters pursuant to Section 10-15-1.H of the Open Meetings Act.
If you are an individual with a disability who is in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified interpreter, or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in the hearing or meeting, please contact the Board office at the address indicated above as soon as possible, but not less than one week prior to the meeting.
MEETING AGENDA: (CLICK HERE)
NOTICE: New Level 1 Security Guard Lesson Plan Released for Use
A new Level 1 Lesson Plan is being released and is authorized for use beginning February 1, 2016. The Lesson Plan with tests and Power Point presentation is being emailed to Board Approved Instructors with email addresses on record with the PI Board. If you do not receive the Lesson Plan by February 2, 2016, send an email to me at "email@example.com". Include your name, Instructor Approval number and a return email address where the Lesson Plan can be sent.
The use of the Lesson Plan is optional beginning February 1, 2016 and becomes mandatory April 1, 2016. During this implementation period, I would like to have your feedback. Please email any comments or suggestion about the Plan to me at the above email address.
John Francis, Board Administrator
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: These guidelines will help ensure your application is accepted by the Private Investigations Board and not returned for incomplete information or missing documents.
1) Use the current forms from the RLD web site and complete all spaces.
Forms can be found at: www.RLD.state.nm.us; Divisions; Boards and Commissions; Individual Boards and Commissions; Private Investigations; then Forms and Applications.
2) The first page of each application is an instruction sheet. Be sure to pay close attention to the requirements on that page.
3) Applications for licensure must be LEGIBLE. If we can’t read it, you may not get your license.
4) Pictures for your license are required to be photographs that are 2“ by 2”.
5) If you answer YES to Question B, you must provide documents from the court showing the disposition of any and all case(s) brought against you. A “Judgment and Sentence” is the common document accepted by the PI Board to show the disposition of a case. Don’t assume that old, minor or dismissed cases will not show up on your record.
6) Include the finger print receipt from Cogent with your application.
7) There are two Jurisprudence Examinations on our web site. Use the correct one for your license type. (PI/POLY is new)
8) Applications will only be valid for 90 days. They will be withdrawn if not completed within 90 days.
10) Background checks are valid for 90 days.
11) Applications returned to the applicant for being incomplete will be charged a late fee if resubmitted to the Board or post marked after the expiration date.
12) Please submit any updates or correction to licensee information on the "Change of Information" form found on our web sit.
March 1, 2015 is the full implementation date for new rules, fees and procedures for the Private Investigations Advisory Board.
All new and renewal applications received by the PI Board must meet the following requirements or they will be returned to the applicant.
> All forms used must be the current version down loaded from the RLD web site or obtained from the PI Board office. All other forms are obsolete.
> Fees must be in accordance with the schedule in 16.48.5 NMAC.
All new security guard applications must meet the following requirements or they will be returned to the applicant.
> A "Security Guard" jurisprudence examination must be included with all applications for new Security Guard and Private Patrol Operator licenses. A "PI/POLY" jurisprudence examination must be included with all applications for new Private Investigators and Polygraphers. Applicants must achieve a score of 90% on the examination. Answers to the examination are found in the Private Investigations Rules and Regulations, Tile 16, Chapter 48, Parts 1 thru 8 (16.48.1 to 8). Copies of the rules are posted on this web site under "Rules and Laws" at Chapter 48 Private Law Enforcement Practitioners.
> Training for security guards must be provided by a Board approved instructor. Certificates of training must include the instructor’s approval number. A sample certificate is in the “Forms and Applications” on the RLD web site.