All Liquor License Applicants, License Holders, Managers, all Principal Officers, Directors, Shareholders, Partners and Members, and any of the following that own 10% or more in the Business/Partnership/Company: Stockholders, Partners, Owners, Members, MUST OBTAIN FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE prior to obtaining a Liquor License in the State of New Mexico.
Everyone Must Register online go to: www.cogentid.com
- Click on New Mexico, then under Applicant Use, select “Register Online for a Background Check”
- On Registration Page: Select/click on: “ORI Lookup”, then under Agency Name Type, select “Regulation & Licensing”, or scroll down to AGD ORI #, you will find RLD Alcohol & Gaming Division ORI Number: NM920020Z, click on the “ORI Number” to Select
- Reason, will automatically be filled out with: 60-3A-9 Alcohol Licensing
- Continue filling out the required information, Verify your information and print a receipt. Take the receipt and a VALID PHOTO ID to a Cogent fingerprint location that is convenient for you.
- To locate the nearest fingerprint facility, go to “Useful Information” on Cogent website, then to Fingerprint Location Map.
- For Registration help or questions, phone Cogent Call Center at (877) 996-6277.
ONLY FOR THOSE LOCATED OUT-OF STATE OR FOR THOSE UNABLE TO DO LIVESCAN WITH COGENT
After registering with Cogent, you must:
- Submit Two (2) Fingerprint Cards for each person and cards must be correctly and completely filled out to avoid them being returned. Do not highlight anywhere on the fingerprint cards, as that increases the possibility of rejection from the FBI.
- Obtain Fingerprints with a Law Enforcement Agency or an AGD Approved Entity, Scroll down this page under Miscellaneous Forms, Select: Approved Agencies to Fingerprint for AGD
- “Fingerprint Certification of Law Enforcement Agency” Form must accompany each set of fingerprint cards, and submit with each application. This form is to be completed by the person conducting the fingerprinting.
- Fee of $44.00 per person, by Money Order or Cashier’s Check only, Made Payable To: 3M Cogent, only if fee was not paid online when you registered with Cogent. Separate payment for each person required, do not combine fees.
- Complete Packet must include: Copy of Driver's License or Government issued ID, Two Fingerprint Cards, payment or receipt if applicable, signed/stamped Fingerprint Certification of Law Enforcement Agency, notarized Fingerprint Affidavit, and notarized Personal Data Information Affidavit.
FINAL STEP: Submit Fingerprint Packet to: AGD | PO Box 25101 Santa Fe, NM 87504-5101
FOR ASSISTANCE, Contact AGD: Charmaine Martinez at (505) 476-4804 by Email: Charmaine.Martinez2@state.nm.us
NOTE: Because the Liquor Control Act does not allow for a Convicted Felon to own or be an officer on a Liquor License, this agency requires such persons to be fingerprinted to receive the background reports from the State and Federal level. Therefore, the Federal Bureau of Investigation requires the following Notice:
Applicant Notification and Record Challenge
Officials at the governmental institutions and other entities authorized to submit fingerprints and receive FBI identification records under this authority must notify the individuals fingerprinted that the fingerprints will be used to check the criminal history records of the FBI. The officials making the determination of suitability for licensing or employment shall provide the applicants the opportunity to complete, or challenge the accuracy of, the information contained in the FBI identification record. These officials also must advise the applicants that procedures for obtaining a change, correction, or updating of an FBI identification record are set forth in Title 28, C.F.R., § 16.34. Officials making such determinations should not deny the license or employment based on information in the record until the applicant has been afforded a reasonable time to correct or complete the record, or has declined to do so. (Title 42, U.S.C., §14616, Article IV (c); Title 28 C.F.R., § 50.12 (b))