THIS DIVISION WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT CASH FOR ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT
Q: How do I get my server permit?
You must take and pass an approved Alcohol Server Education Course. The classes are conducted by private providers, so times, locations and prices vary. ( See the course schedule here)
Q: I lost my server permit. How do I obtain another copy?
You can obtain a duplicate server permit three ways:
- Visit our office in Santa Fe. Bring a picture ID, and $10 (cashier's check or money order ONLY) and complete the duplicate request form. ONLY the person to whom the permit is issued can pick up the duplicate.
- Download the Alcohol Server Replacement Request form. Complete and return it to our office with the fee of $10 (money order or cashier’s check ONLY), and a copy of your Government Issued ID (Driver's License, Identification Card or Passport). This takes approximately 10-15 days.
- Call our office at (505) 476-4875 and we will fax or mail you the Alcohol Server Replacement Request form. Complete the application and return it to our office with the fee of $10 (money order or cashier’s check ONLY), and a copy of your Government Issued ID (Driver's License, Identification Card or Passport). This takes approximately 10-15 days.
Q: What if I’ve taken the server class and I haven’t received my permanent card?
If you haven’t received your card within 120 days after taking the server class, please call our office at (505) 476-4875.
Q: Who must attend class and obtain a server permit?
- Anyone who serves and sells alcoholic beverages and packaged liquor.
- This includes: owners and lease holders of alcohol licenses; owners of beer and wine licenses; bartenders, bouncers, waiters, waitresses, convenience and grocery store clerks; and resident agents.
Q: What are the age requirements to obtain a server permit?
- Only individuals over 21 years of age may sell or serve alcohol in bars, lounges convenience, grocery and package stores.
- 19 and 20 year olds may obtain a permit to sell or serve alcohol in a full service restaurant with meals, but may not be a bartender.